When the power goes out, your home can be plunged into darkness, your fridge can stop cooling your food, and your home can turn into an uncomfortable location. During the summer months, no energy mean…Read More
Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning does more than clean your air. Dirty ducts circulate dirty air and also provide a breeding ground for a variety of microbial growth such as mold and bacteria. Dirty ducts can even shorten the life of your furnace and air conditioner. Poor indoor air quality can cause or contribute to the development of chronic respiratory diseases. Having your ducts professionally cleaned can enhance air quality, eliminate built-up dirt and improve overall air circulation. Best of all, ducts cleaned by qualified NADCA Duct Cleaning companies continue to exhibit benefits for an average of three to four years.
Air Duct Cleaning Facts
- According to the EPA, indoor air has been found to be up to 70 percent more polluted than outdoor air. (EPA)
- Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted air. (Dept. of Consumer Affairs)
- The average six-room house collects 40 pounds of dust a year. (Discover Magazine)
- A build-up of 0.42 inches of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can result in a decrease in efficiency of 21 percent. (EPA)
- 1 in 6 people who suffer from allergies, suffer as a direct result of fungi and bacteria in air duct systems. (Better Health Magazine)
Air Duct Sanitizing
Duct cleaning and sanitizing minimize microbial growth, such as mold and bacteria, in your duct system. Air duct sanitizing is often used when people have allergies or are moving into a previously occupied home. It is also quite effective in eliminating odors from within the ductwork.
When dirty air passes through the evaporator coil on your air conditioner, it can build up and reduce the performance and life of your equipment. It’s also an environment that encourages bacterial growth. Moist, dirty areas are breeding zones for mold.
Dryer Duct Cleaning
Properly cleaned dryer vents run more efficiently, reducing both your carbon footprint and utility expenses.
In 2003, there were 425 dryer vent fires resulting in six injuries and one death in Michigan. The HVAC technicians at Pyro Heating & Cooling are working hard to make sure you are not a statistic.
Get in touch with the heating and cooling team at Pyro for professional, reliable duct cleaning and feel the difference in the home!